Monday, May 11, 2009

Dirty Girl

So the plumbing work being done on our bathroom is still not complete - today they put all new tiles in (which look quite nice), but as a result I can't use the shower. Hence, I am a dirty girl. TMI? Fine then, here's my food.

Late in the morning I had some greek yogurt with berries.

For lunch I made an amazing wrap.


I used a whole wheat wrap and topped it with the sundried tomato hummus I made Saturday, Cabot low fat cheddar (yes, I know I said I wasn't eating this stuff anymore - but I have to use it up first!), roasted portobellos, roasted red peppers, spinach, and avocado. It was really tasty. Then only thing missing was some crunch - I think tomorrow I'll add some raw bell peppers.

For dessert I ate a piece on mint chocolate that was hidden in my desk.

Well, not too hidden. I found it pretty easily, its just been there awhile. Still hit the spot!

Late the afternoon I had one of the best snacks out there - a sliced apple with raw almond butter.
This batch of almond butter came out a little dry and clumpy. I think I'll add a bit more olive oil next time. After work I went to the gym and ran 4 miles, doing some speed intervals. Derek's working late, so for dinner I just finished off the last of the shrimp and grits. Finally! I added a couple handfuls of spinach for some greens.

Mmmm...big bowl of starch.

A good friend from the Boston Film Blog gave me a great milk tip...

http://www.bostonlocalvores.org/milk.html

I've actually checked out the milk at several of these local establishments and haven't quite found what I'm looking for.  WHY must it all be fortified?  WHY?!  I'll keep searching and, of course, keep you all posted.  I'm definitely interested in checking out the raw milk club.

No comments:

Post a Comment