Friday, September 25, 2009

One Pot Wonders

I was very busy at work this week, so simple, one pot dinners became the theme. And all of my recipes came from the October issue of Food and Wine. I started with an interesting take on panzanella, the Italian salad made by tossing ripe tomatoes with slightly stale bread. I started by tossing some halved grape tomatoes with lightly toasted chunks of baguette, olive oil, sliced lemons, basil, and capers.

Then I poured it all in a large roasting pan and popped it in a hot oven.

After cooking this for about 15 minutes I added chunks of salmon.

Then roasted it some more until the salmon was just cooked through, about 8 more minutes

Very tasty. I love that you could get fish, veg, and bread all in one bite! Check out the recipe here.

The next night's dish was Indian inspired, using more of our abundance of eggplant. Peeled chunks of eggplant were tossed with onion wedges, chickpeas, kale and curry powder and roasted. Curried Roasted Eggplant.

I served it with some Greek yogurt and Naan that Derek picked up at a local Indian restaurant.

Tonight I made a quick stew of swiss chard, tomatoes and white beans.

A delicious and comforting meal for a Friday night after a loooong week.

No comments:

Post a Comment