Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ah, Saturday

I love Saturday mornings! Lounging around, listening to NPR, cooking a big breakfast. You can't beat it. This morning I got up and started our tea ritual.

I brew my tea in a big pink mug, and Derek makes his in a little pot. I bought him this chicken tea cozy made from recycled wool sweaters for his birthday. For Christmas, my friend Lucy gave us an electric tea kettle, which I love! It uses less electricity than heating up the stove to boil a kettle, and it boils water really fast. Derek rigged up a little plug system on top of the fridge, so we can unplug the kettle when we're not using it. I try to do that with all our small appliances, cause even if something is off it can still waste a small amount of electricity if its plugged into an outlet.

For brunch (we ate around 11AM - during "Car Talk"!) I made a mushroom and feta frittata with fresh thyme and rosemary.




I divided the frittata (made with 4 eggs) in half and served it with toasted rosemary garlic bread.


Not a bad way to start the weekend! After breakfast, I hit the gym and pounded out 4 miles on the treadmill at 6MPH. Then I came home and did some upper and lower body and core work with my 10 pound free weights. Post workout I made a delicious yogurt bowl - with a cherry on top!


I combined 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt, 1 sliced banana, Kashi Go Lean, 1/2 Tbs toasted wheat germ, and the last drizzle of my Valentine's Day cherry sauce.

Now I'm running to the mall to pick up a present. After dinner, we're joining some friends on a birthday pub crawl! We'll be joining rather late in the crawl - they started at 3PM!

No comments:

Post a Comment