Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday

Happy Mardi Gras!

So far, New York has been a full day of eating.  I managed to get in a run on the treadmill this morning.  I did 3 miles at 5.9 MPH.

On our way to the studio this morning, someone mentioned that they found out what sweet breads were.  They thought they were brains - I'm told they're actually some kind of pancreas. But everyone who ate them - and didn't know - got a little nauseous.  I knew better! When we arrived at the studio, there was a nice breakfast spread for us.

I started with a bowl of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and pineapple.  I ate half of it by the time I took this picture.




About an hour later I had a toasted whole wheat english muffin with tomato and smoked salmon.  I also had 2 cups of earl grey with skim milk.




Then they started bringing out the snacks!  They have really delicious food out all day here.  Here's some of the things I've been picking at.




Most of my group opted not to order lunch because there's SO much food around, but I knew if I didn't I'd be eating junk all day.  We went to an Asian restaurant, and I got a chopped Asian salad with broccoli, string beans, tofu, snow peas, carrots, watercress, fried shallots, cabbage, and basil dressing. I had a little bit of the dressing and all the veggies!




More munching will defintiley ensue this afternoon, but I'm going to try to stick to the fruits, veggies, and nuts and ignore the large plate of cookies that's out right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment