Wednesday, February 25, 2009


Good morning!  We had a really great dinner last night and I was stuffed when we got home.  I passed out right away.

As predicted, I snacked a lot yesterday afternoon, but managed to stick with nuts, dried fruit, grapes, and snow peas.

These are the afternoon snacks.  I did also have a couple bites of the amazing gaucamole that Walter, the craft service guy, makes.  So worth it.

For dinner we went to a steak house, which wouldn't have been my first choice but they had an incredible raw bar.  Unfortunately, it was really dark and I didn't get any great pictures.  I know I'm going to have to switch from using my iphone to my digital camera if I want this blog to be any good - just a little awkward to whip out at a client dinner.

The restauarant we ate at was called Prime House:

Instead of the usual bread basket, they put mini bagels on the table. I split an olive bagel with one of the other ladies. Then we ordered a huge raw seafood tower!

Like I said, not great pictures. I ate a ginormous shrimp, some mussels, 2 oysters, a crab claw, scallop ceviche, and a cherrystone. Not crazy about the raw cherrystones. I think I just want them to be oysters and they definitely are not. For my entree I had scottish salmon with roasted winter vegetables and a yuzu butter sauce. The sauce was rich and sweet and smelled great. I ate about 2/3 of the salmon and all the veg. For dessert we went a little crazy! We ordered 7 layer chocolate fudge cake, baked alaska, bananas foster sundae, and lemon brulee cheesecake. I had several scoops of each and it was all great. I also had 2 glasses of red wine with dinner. We were quite full when we left.

This morning I had to work off some of that dessert. I did 30 minutes of intervals on the treamill, something I don't normally do but its actually fun! Helps the run go by faster. I would do a minute faster, then a minute slower, increasing my sprint and rest speeds gradually. I varied between 5.9MPH and 7MPH, with .5 MPH difference between the sprint and the rest speeds. Definitely got my heart going.

I was pretty hungry again by the time we got to the studio.

I started with nonfat greek yogurt, grape nuts, and lots of fruit. I never buy berries in the winter, so they're a nice treat. Also had a cup of earl grey with skim milk.  The Post caught me up on Obama's speech.  Probably not the best news source.

They've already put out the afternoon snacks! Its a Mediterranean feast. I've had 2 whole wheat pita wedges with hummus and a piece of falafel.

More eating to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment