Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday on the road

Monday, 2/23

This morning I woke up on the early side to make breakfast and finish packing. I'm taking the train to NYC today and will be there until Friday. Its going to be a challenge to try to eat and right and get some exercise in! But the clients I'm working with are big foodies, so there will definitely be some delicious meals involved.

This morning I made 2 servings of stove top oats for Derek and I.

My serving included:
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill 5-Grain Rolled Cereal
- 1 cup water
- handful of frozen mangos, pineapple, and blueberries
- dollop of organic fat free plain yogurt
- tablespoon of almond butter
- 2 tablespoon cherry sauce (leftover from Valentine's Day Waffles!)
- tablespoon unsweetened coconut
- a few crunched up banana chips

It was very filling and yummy with all this stuff added! I also had a couple of Earl Grey with skim milk. At home, we drink mainly loose tea that we steep in cups and tea pots in open baskets. This is the way I think tea is meant to be brewed - it tastes better and uses less packaging. At work, however, where I drink most of my tea, I do use tea bags. I've been thinking about coming up with an easy way to brew my lose tea at work. Maybe when I get back in the office.

On the train I had one of these to hold me over until lunch:



I try not eat bars a lot, but when I do I try to eat ones that are mainly dried fruit and nuts without added sugar and preservatives. I like these and Larabars.

No comments:

Post a Comment