Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Crab, Crab, Salmon

Ah, Monday. I'm lucky I survived it. Thank goodness its Tuesday - although Friday would be better. Going back to Sunday night, I made a dish that revolved around crab cakes.

I made polenta cooked in milk and vegetable broth, then topped that with sauteed mushrooms and asparagus, crab cakes, and braised leeks.  We had a little incident with the milk and broth - but Derek did a nice job cleaning up the stove.

Yesterday morning fixed myself a breakfast cookie. This time I used half a banana, which made it drier and crumblier, but still moist. I mixed the mashed banana with 1/2 cup oats, 1 scoop of hemp protein powder, 1 scoop spiced cashew butter, a splash of milk, shredded unsweetened coconut, and few gogi berries and let it sit in the fridge overnight.

At work, I topped the whole thing with greek yogurt and berries.

Lunch was a salad using the leftover Spring Tabbouleh, mixed with greens, red and green peppers, cucumbers, and grape tomatoes. I also may have had a few stolen potato chips.

Last night I roasted the first piece of wild Alaskan salmon I've seen at the grocery store this year! Yay for salmon season! First I marinated the salmon in soy sauce, ginger, rice wine vinegar, mirin, and EVOO. Then I poured off the marinade into a saucepan and cooked that down into a glaze while the salmon roasted.

I served it with roasted potatoes and steamed broccolini. Delicious!

This morning I toasted a piece on mango lime bread before I headed off to a recording session.

I also brought a yogurt bowl with half a banana, strawberries, and blueberries to eat at the session.
Now to decide on lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment