Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Noodling Around

This evening I made a tasty Asian noodle stir fry to accompany a nice piece of wild salmon. I'm so glad salmon is in season! I refuse to buy the farm raised stuff they sell the rest of the year, that's pumped with antibiotics and actually fed red dye because its not really pink. Tonight I made my standby salmon recipe - roasted and with soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. To go with it I made a flavorful stir fry. I still had some fresh lemon pepper fettuccine from Russo's, which was perfect in this dish.

In a hot wok, I stir fried 1 sliced portabella mushroom, sugar snap peas, and junior bok choy. Then I tossed in garlic, ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and red pepper flakes. I let this cook for a few minutes then squeezed over the juice of 1 lime and tossed in the cooked fettuccine. The finished product was tossed with fresh chopped cilantro.

Very tasty and fresh! I don't usually add lime juice to stir fry, but it was a nice tangy compliment to the lemon pepper noodles. You could make this dish with just about any vegetables you have on hand and it would be delicious.

1 comment: