Sunday, May 3, 2009

Back to normal

I'm back home and I need to get back to normal eating! I definitely ate way too much this weekend. Driving home from the Cape, Lucy and I were commenting on how full we still felt! Before lunch, my mother and I went on another 3 mile run and happened to run through a motorcycle blessing. Yup, it was just like it sounds. Hundreds of motorcycles being blessed by a priest riding on a tow truck. For lunch I scooped up some cold roasted veggies.

This had brussel sprouts, zucchini, summer squash, celery root, fennel, and parsnips. I also had a bowl of FROZEN banana pudding.

We stuck the banana pudding in the freezer last night because it was so soupy, and we thought this might help firm it up. Well, it definitely did and I think I like it even better frozen! Lucy and I totally cleaned out the fridge and took home lots of leftovers. So I only needed to pick up a few things at the store when I got home. Then I prepped some food for the week. I want to start drinking some of the Green Monsters that I've read about on Oh She Glows. Its a shake made with almond milk, kale and bananas. So I washed and chopped some kale and made a batch of raw almond milk.

Almond Milk
1/2 cup raw almonds
4 cups cold water
2 pitted dates
1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until well combined and milky
  • Pour through strain and press all the liquid through solids
  • Store in fridge - save leftover almond pulp for raw cookies!
Dinner was - not surprisingly - leftovers from the weekend. 

I heated up some eggplant parm and spaggehti. For dessert I ate half a red velvet whoopie pie, also leftover from the weekend.

I wasn't crazy about it - not surprisingly because it was (gasp!) store bought. The filling was frosting, rather than cream, which I prefer. And the cake didn't have a lot of flavor. At least I only ate half of it. And now, another weekend has ended. Back to work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment