Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Working Hard

If you're getting sick of green, take heart. I did not have a green monster this morning! I made Derek an almond butter sandwich for breakfast because he was running late, and it smelled so good I wanted one for myself. Mine had extra goodies in it, though!

I toasted 2 slices of whole wheat bread (from Nashoba Brook Bakery). One slice I topped with raw almond butter, ground flax meal, half a sliced banana (I ate the other half), and 1 sliced strawberry. The other half had my favorite vanilla spice butter, which I'm almost out of! They seem to have discontinued it at Williams Sonoma, and when I did a google search for it my blog was the 5th entry that came up. Which is kind of cool - but it means not a lot of people are talking about this amazing stuff. I'm thinking I may try to re-create a version at home, using nut butter. This sandwich was delicious. I ate half when I got to work around 9 and the other half after a meeting at 11. Kept me full until about 2PM.

Because I had a sandwich for breakfast, I didn't want to have another one for lunch. So I took my wrap fixings and made them a salad.

This has spinach, roasted portobellos, roasted reds, green peppers, avocados, and goat cheese. I tossed it with balsamic vinegar and EVOO. On the side I had some of my roasted red pepper hummus and a handful of Food Should Taste Good Multigrain chips. These chips were a moment of weakness at the grocery store - but they are really tasty.

Later in the afternoon I really wanted to take a break and get outside - I was falling asleep! Liz and I talked about tracking down some froyo, but ended up getting sucked into the project we were working on and never made it out. Instead I snacked on a Pecan Pie Larabar.

For dinner I served an Indian feast! I wish I could take credit for this recipe, but its actually Jenna's Channa Masala from Eat Live Run. It was actually very similar to my Shahi Paneer Korma, but with chickpeas instead of paneer cheese. I altered her recipe a bit and added chopped roasted red peppers to make it smoky and sweet, and a little whole milk to make it creamy.
I served it over a little brown basamati rice, with sauteed kale flavored with cumin on the side. I had to get my kale in somewhere today! I topped the dish with some of the leftover yogurt sauce from yesterday's trout, and had half a piece of garlic naan. This is the first time I've bought the packaged naan at the grocery store. Its pretty good - although not as good as at Indian restaurants. The rest of this meal, however, could be served at any fine Indian establishment.  Except it was pretty healthy and didn't leave me feeling way too full and gross like Indian food usually does.

Joe wanted me to share this photo he snapped of me hard at work today...

Those are Lizzy's feet behind me. She is actually working. Off to watch the finale of Lost! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment