Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Clean Girl!

I know you are all concerned - I was able to take a shower today! I got up early and went to use the shower at the gym. I figured as long as I was there, I should probably work out. Aside from the occasional 20 minute Shred, I'm not usually a morning workout person at all - I much prefer to sleep. But I figured today I had no excuse. I ran 3 miles and then came to work with wet hair. Before I left I enjoyed a pre-run Green Monster.

This was good workout fuel, and I'm glad I had it because I didn't get to eat my breakfast until almost 11AM.
I mixed a spoonful of almond butter in with my oats and topped them with berries.

For lunch, I made another yummy wrap.

This whole wheat wrap had sundried tomato hummus, spinach, avocado, roasted red peppers, and roasted portobellos. I also added green peppers for the crunch factor - much better! Liz shared some her fruit with me after lunch.

I also snacked on some nuts later in the afternoon, and this organic pear.

For dinner tonight I used yet another Bon Appetit recipe - Herb Roasted Salmon with Potatoes, Carrots, and Sugar Snap Peas. I couldn't get any wild salmon at the store (won't be coming in until early June) so I used steelhead trout instead.

This was a delicious dish. All of the herbs made it very flavorful. And I used chives and mint from our patio garden! Now I'm going to enjoy a slice of yogurt tart.

And watch the Biggest Loser finale. These people look amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment