Thursday, May 21, 2009

Full of Yogurt

I have consumed a lot of yogurt over the past day. Just love me some probiotics! Last night Derek and I went to a work function that had lots of yummy food. There were passed hors d'oeuvres that kept going by, and I ate quite a few vegetable fresh rolls, mushroom profiteroles, and tuna tartar on rice crackers. But I didn't get any pictures. Its kind of hard to ask a server to wait while you photograph their tray. There was a big station of Mediterranean food that Derek and I shared a plate of.

This included some pita bread, hummus, tabbouleh, tomatoes and mozzarella, olives, marinated mushrooms, and feta cheese. I also had a couple glasses of wine. After all this food, I definitely wasn't hungry for a full dinner, but wanted a little something when I got home. I decided to try out the chocolate flavor of the PB2 i got samples of.

I mixed it with about 3/4 cup 0% Fage, and topped with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and sliced almonds. Derek brought home bunch of berries from a shoot, and we already had some in the fridge, so we have a lot of fruit to go through! I wasn't anymore impressed with the chocolate PB2 than I was with the regular flavor. It didn't taste any different - i didn't get much chocolate flavor. Just added a little peanut butter taste. And the powder doesn't really help the texture of the yogurt. I still want to try this stuff in oatmeal - but right now, I don't think I'll be buying any.

This morning I had more berries!

I put them on my oats cooked with 1 sliced banana.

For lunch, Liz and I decided to walk over Whole Foods to get lunch from the salad bar. And to check out the newest shop in the Whole Foods plaza - BoYo! Boyo sells all natural frozen yogurt with a variety of toppings - the Pinkberry knockoffs are showing up everywhere in Boston!
This place is so cute. They have 3 different flavors of soft yogurt that will change weekly - this week is original, berry, and honeydew. I wanted to sample the pure flavor of the yogurt, so I order a regular sized original, topped with mangoes and kiwi.


The yogurt was great - very creamy with a nice, tart tang. Definitely as good as Pinkberry! The fruit was also nice and ripe. Liz tried the berry flavor and it was also good. Sweeter than the original, but still tangy with a berry flavor that didn't taste at all artificial.

Since we basically ate yogurt for lunch, I wasn't hungry for my salad when we got back to office. I waited about an hour before I popped it open. I went a little crazy at the salad bar. They have so much good stuff and I just kept piling it on!

I'm not sure I can even remember everything that was on here, but here goes - mixed lettuce, red and yellow peppers, carrots, peas, edamame, sprouts, tomatoes, cucumbers, beets, roasted summer squash and zucchini, roasted sweet potatoes, roasted mushrooms, sesame tofu, and cold sesame noodles. Phew! I didn't think I was going to be able to eat it all, but I managed.

And apparently I needed a dessert before and after lunch. Lovely Lindsay made another batch of chocolate clusters.

This time she melted chocolate and butterscotch with peanuts and potato sticks and drizzled them with white chocolate. Yum!

Its sooo gorgeous out and I think its time for me to leave work!

No comments:

Post a Comment