Friday, May 1, 2009

Its Friday!

Its gloomy and rainy outside - but there's a yellow tulip in my yard!

I have tulip bulbs planted all over our little patio yard, but this is the first time I've ever actually gotten a flower. Isn't it pretty? And on another happy note, my jello project seems to be working out pretty well. Its very scientific and takes lots of calculating and concentration, as you can see.

I added another layer of hot orange jello this morning before work. Its a huge tub so it needs to be done in several batches. This morning's breakfast, no surprise, was oatmeal.

All of my oatmeal pictures kind of suck. Sorry about that. This had 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1 sliced banana, and strawberries.

Lunch was amazing. We went to Marliave for my friend Holly's birthday. Holly and I both got the HUGE portobello sandwich.

It was one of those sandwiches that's just too thick to bite into. There were multiple layers of portobello mushrooms, roasted red peppers, goat cheese, and arugula.

With a side of tasty fries. And of course, we had to get dessert with a candle in it for Holly!

Brioche bread pudding with raisins and caramel sauce. Yum. I am STILL full from this huge lunch. Pretty soon I'm heading out of work and taking off for the Cape! Unfortunately, Derek can't go because he has to shoot all weekend. So my friends Lucy and Jon are picking me up and spending the weekend with us at my parent's place. Its going to be cool rainy weather - but that typical of Cape Cod in the Spring. See you on the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment