Thursday, May 14, 2009

Chocolate for Breakfast

Before I get to my breakfast chocolate, I have to share with you the tasty dessert I made last night. I was craving something sweet and rich after dinner, but didn't want to eat anything too heavy. I decided to whip up a little mousse with some 0% Fage Greek yogurt.

Let me just preface that this looks much richer than it actually was. I stirred up the yogurt with a big scoop of peanut butter, a scoop of raw cacao powder, and a drizzle of agave. I sprinkled a few coco nibs over the top. This definitely hit the spot and was quite filling. But, it did still taste like yogurt. Which was fine with me, cause I love yogurt.

Please enjoy this action shot of this morning's Green Monster, made with 2 cups of kale, 1 banana, 3/4 cup almond milk, and 1 Tbls of ground flax seeds.

When I got to my desk this morning, my adorable coworker Lindsay asked me if I would like some chocolate. Obviously my answer was, "always!" She offered me one of these amazing chocolate clusters she had made.

The chocolate was mixed with butterscotch, peanuts, and (surprise ingredient) potato sticks. They were a great sweet and salty combo. Maybe not the most nutritious breakfast, but it sure was good.

For lunch today we had a screening and they brought - my favorite - Flour! But, I checked out the sandwiches beforehand and they had no veggie options. I was totally geared up for my favorite portobello mushroom grilled sandwich, so I went out to buy myself a replacement. I walked over to Pressed, and sandwich place near my office that makes paninis with lots of fresh ingredients. I got one with portobello mushrooms, roasted sweet potato, tomatoes, greens, and ricotta cheese.
This was very tasty - but it didn't quite beat the Flour portobello sandwich. The ingredients were a nice flavor combo, but it really needed some sort of spread, like pesto or some herbs blended into the ricotta. I ate half of it for lunch, and then managed to nab my favorite Flour dessert.
Heavenly chocolate coconut macaroon. Ah, yeah. Dessert #2 for the day. I finished the other half of the sandwich around 4PM for my afternoon snack.

For dinner tonight I simmered some catfish in a tomato sauce with diced canned tomatoes, red wine, anchovy paste, green olives, and roasted red peppers.

I served this over a small portion of linguine with steamed sugar snap peas on the side. Now I think I'll move on to dessert #3...

No comments:

Post a Comment