Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Beat

Yesterday ended up being a looong day and I just feeling beat down today. The day is almost over...just have to plow through. Yesterday afternoon we decided to take a break from our conform session and head across the street to J.P. Licks. I wanted to try their YoTengo frozen yogurt flavor that is supposed to be tart and tangy like Pinkberry yogurt. I got a small cup topped with raspberries and waffle cone pieces.

Blurry iPhone picture. I really should have tried it on its own to properly judge the flavor, but the toppings were just too tempting! All mixed it up it mostly just tasted like raspberries.

What I did taste of the plain yogurt was good, but not as tangy and flavorful as Pinkberry. So I'm still on a mission for the perfect Boston froyo!

Last night I didn't end up leaving the VFX house until 12:30PM! After getting up at 6AM to catch the train home from New York, this made for a very long and exhausting day. We ordered dinner from Atlantic Fish.

I got a salad with grilled shrimp and scallops over sauteed Chinese vegetables, greens, and pineapple chunks. It was good - the seafood was very plump and fresh.

After a few hours of sleep, I woke up and quickly got ready and ate breakfast before running to a record session.
I completely wolfed down this bowl of oats, made with 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup water, a small scoop of 0% Fage, a scoop of spiced cashew butter, 1 sliced banana, and a handful of berries. It was delicious - I wish I could have taken more time to enjoy it.

At the recording session we ordered Thai for lunch.

I had the Tamarind Tofu, which had stir fried tofu, snow peas, carrots, and baby corn with brown rice in a tamarind sauce. I ate about half the brown rice and all the tofu and veggies. It was really tasty and veggies were nicely cooked and still a little crisp.

I was so tired when I left the session to head back to the office and needed a little pick-me-up. I bought an iced coffee for the T ride.

This is a sign that I am REALLY tired, because I don't drink coffee at all! I used to, but I gave it up a few years ago and replaced it with tea. This perked me up but gave me a bit of a headache. I'm just not used to all this caffeine.

Ok, I'm going to head out now. So early for me to leave work! Derek and I have a work event to go to tonight, but hopefully won't be staying long. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment