Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It Will Never be the Same Again

Derek and I got a new toy today that is going to change the face of this blog! We invested in a new camera - a Canon Rebel T1i. We did a lot of research, and this seemed to be the best option for us to get a high quality SLR that's not crazy expensive for us amateur photogs. It also shoots HD video, which is pretty cool. We started playing around with tonight, and not really knowing anything about the camera or how we should eb shooting, we've already taken the best photographs of our lives. We're also hoping to get a lot of use out of this guy when we get married in New Zealand this Fall. We officially booked our trip this weekend, so he can't get out of it now!

So we can start with the "before" pictures - lunch and snacks taken with my old Canon Powershot. I'll still be using this camera a lot because the Rebel is not really convenient to carry around with me. But its going to be so hard to go back to.

Lunch was a salad with spinach, roasted broccoli, corn, red and green peppers, tomatoes, and feta with balsamic and EVOO.


My afternoon snack was a Pepperidge farm whole wheat sandwich thin (stole these from my mom this weekend) with spiced cashew butter and a few gogi berries on top.


I went to the gym after work and ran 3 miles for the first time in weeks! I have a 10K to run 2 weeks from today, so I need to hit the pavement. Or treadmill. Then I couldn't wait to get home and started playing with the camera!

My first study...zucchini.




Ok, still needs some work. Derek took some nice prep shots while I made dinner.








If you haven't figured it out, dinner was pan seared scallops, sauteed potatoes with shallots, and roasted zucchini and summer squash.



I think I could have made just about anything and it would look great. Just wait until we actually get good at using this camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment