Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dirty Wrong Cuisine

Yesterday officially ended my office biggest loser contest, and all the participants took that as an opportunity to eat everything and anything in sight. Let me warn you - this is about to get ugly. I started the day off with Jillian's Shred, hoping to sweat off as much as I could before the final weigh-in. We weighed in at 9AM and calculated the results while we stuffed our faces. I had no real intention of winning this contest - I didn't really think I had much to lose, and wasn't an unhealthy eater before the contest started. I had gotten pretty lazy about exercising though, and this contest really inspired me to get back in shape. I also cut most of the sweets out of my diet - my weakness. Stepping up the exercise made a big difference - I lost 11 pounds! The winner of the contest - Scott of 53 Lunches - lost an impressive 34! In total, we all lost 122 pounds. We lost a whole person! And then we proceeded to gain it all back. Here I am with my first celebratory munchkin...

It made me so happy. I think I had 4 of these. And a cinnamon raisin bagel with FULL FAT cream cheese.
I felt a bit ill after all this. I continued to make myself ill for the rest of the day. Scott took all us losers out for a celebratory lunch at his favorite Italian place in the North End, Antico Forno, where we had a big old carb fest. They make great pizza and house made pasta. We started with some pizzas for the table.


I had a slice of this pizza with tomatoes, smoked mozzarella, and arugula and a slice of mozzarella and grilled vegetables.




Then I split this huge plate of fusilli with tomato sauce, roasted vegetables, and goat cheese with my friend Liz. We also shared a salad.




This meal was definitely the highlight of the day. After that - well, I told you, it gets ugly. Back at the office I had a yummy chocolate chip cookie that one of our coworkers baked for all of us.


After work we all went out to celebrate (some more) with beers and greasy apps. I had probably 4 Blue Moons and several helpings of this cheesy, greasy spinach artichoke dip.


And some of these nachos.


There's chicken on these but I picked around it. After we left the bar, I wasn't really in the mood for a full dinner - not surprisingly - but I was drunk and crazy enough to drag Derek to 7-Eleven so I could buy one of these. I'm so embarrassed.


I sort of wish I didn't have a blog right now. Yes, my dinner was a packaged Tollhouse cookie ice cream sandwich. This is not clean or green. This is just wrong. After this lovely meal I passed out feeling pretty gross. Can we just pretend this day never happened?

Today I'm hoping to go back to normal eating! Even though I plan on making cupcakes later for Derek's nephews :)

I started this morning with Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Pancakes.

I used my basic Whole Wheat Pancake recipe, and stirred in some peeled diced apples sauteed with a little butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. I served them with vanillas spice butter and maple syrup. Now we're getting ready to head to a green living expo called Down:2:Earth. I'll let you know how it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment