Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday, Monday

Is everyone glad this Monday is over? What a slow, dreary day. Its so yucky and rainy here - I was not motivated at all to work out. I'll get back in the grove tomorrow. Breakfast this morning - surprise!

Yogurt, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, and granola. These strawberries were pretty good - much better than the last batch I bought. For lunch I had a salad with all the ingredients I prepped yesterday.

Mixed greens, shrimp, asparagus, cucumbers, green peppers, cannellini beans, and a vinaigrette made with dijon mustard, rice wine vinegar, and EVOO. I also had an unpictured chocolate truffle I found in the recesses of my desk.

Afternoon snack was more prepped veggies.

Carrots and celery with hummus. I got home early tonight because I didn't go to the gym - 6:30! So I started the dinner prep. I found this recipe in Food & Wine for Halibut with Smashed Fingerlings and Tomato Butter. I used cod instead of halibut and baked the fish instead of grilling (since its raining outside!). 

It was delish. Definitely not a low fat meal though, with all the olive oil and butter. Must be why it tasted so good :)

Of course I will be having a peanut butter and jelly cupcake tonight. We've got a few more of those to get through. Tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment