Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Will Never Go Hungry Again

Today is the last day of my department's biggest loser contest, so I've been cutting back the calories and bump up the exercise. I got up this morning and did crazy Jillian's shred. I'm still sore. At work, I had oatmeal out of a jar.

Since my glass food container broke, I decided to try out an old peanut butter jar instead. It worked very well! I could screw the lid on to transport the oatmeal, and put the glass in the microwave. This jar of oats is made of 1/2 cup rolled oats, 3/4 cup water, 1/4 skim milk, 1 sliced banana, and some dried cranberries and unsweetened shredded coconut.

For lunch, I skipped the screening where they were serving delicious smelling Thai food and ate my salad.


This salad is made with radicchio, endive, frisee, red and green peppers, cucumber, broccoli, feta, and balsamic and EVOO. I had an apple (sans brazil nut butter) as my afternoon snack, then hit the treadmill for 3 miles.

For dinner I made open faced roasted veggie sandwiches. I roasted 2 chinese eggplant and 1/2 red pepper, then layered that on toasted slices of 7-grain bread with some hummus, topped them with a yellow tomato and some fresh mozzarella, then stuck them under the broiler. I just had one with a very thin slice of toast.

Very good! But I'm still hungry...I can't wait until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment