Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Eating too late!

I keep having late dinners and not posting afterwards! By the time dishes are done and I'm back on the couch, I'm ready to fall asleep. Ok, let's back up to lunch yesterday. Same salad as the day before.

Mixed lettuce and herbs, golden beets, grape tomatoes, dried cranberries, pecans, maytag blue cheese, and balsamic and EVOO. Along with a hunk of whole wheat bread with brazil nut butter on the side. In the afternoon, my coworker Jillian filled the candy jar on her desk with Easter colored peanut M&M's. Mean girl.

But look how pretty they are! I had 5. And then more brazil nut butter and an apple at the end of the day.

I had another party to go to after work. There's actually one tonight too, but I just can't go out 3 nights in a row! I had 2 light beers at this party, and this blurry plate of veggies and avocado dip.

Kind of artsy, isn't it? I may have also had a couple pieces of cheese. Maybe. I'm not committing to that. I didn't get home until after 8, so dinner got on the table late again. I scraped the seeds out of an acorn squash and cooked it in the microwave for 8 minutes, cut side down in a little water. I've always been kind of against microwaves as a cooking tool, but I read recently that they're actually more efficient for cooking and heating things up than an oven.  Interesting, huh? I sauteed up some fancy wild mushrooms that I bought over the weekend, and added those to the more conventional mushrooms in my barley and mushroom risotto. I stuffed the cavities of the squash with the risotto, topped them with a little low fat cheddar and parmesan, and baked them at 400ยบ for about 15 minutes. It was definitely different, but came out pretty good. The squash got soft enough to mash up and stir in with the risotto. I also sauteed half a head of cabbage with some EVOO and apple cider vinegar on the side. It was a lot of cabbage!

I missed my strength training yesterday, so I got up this morning and did Level 1 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. This is no joke! I used 3 lbs weight and it still kicked my butt. Breakfast, again, yogurt, sliced banana, granola.

I'm running low on granola - I'm going to have to make a new batch soon! I'm amazed we ate it so fast, but it is SO good.

1 comment:

  1. Which part of this is the April Fools' joke? Your fiance had funnier World War II jokes today at work.

    ReplyDelete