Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter Sunday! I had a great day visiting with family and, of course, eating! I got up early this morning (for a Sunday) and did Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred. I didn't run yesterday, and knowing I would be consuming a massive amount of calories today I wanted to get some exercise in. After Shredding I made some oatmeal for Derek and I.

This pretty bowl of oats contains 1/2 cup of oats, 1 cup water, 1/2 banana, greek yogurt, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, sliced almonds, shredded coconut, and a small glob of lemon curd (just happened to fall in while I was scooping it into tupperware). That is a serious oats bowl.

After packing up all my food I made the hour drive out to my parent's house to help them prep for brunch - and start my laundry. That's what parent's houses are for, right? We had quite a delicious spread, with contributions from all my family members.



My very full plate contains roasted vegetables, a salad with tomatoes, pine nuts and goat cheese (made by my fabulous Aunt Kathy), a slice of my mushroom tart, baked french toast (Paula Deen's recipe - amazing!), half a spinach and cheese croissant, 1/4 bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon, citrus salad, and  - the highlight - lobster macaroni and cheese with truffle oil! This was a TON of food I was very full afterwards.  But not too full for dessert!

Look how pretty my Pavlova came out!  It was delicious and a nice light dessert to have after all that heavy food.  And it was a big hit.  So was my asparagus tart - I didn't even get to try any! I heard it was tasty.  I spent the rest of the afternoon chatting with the family and drinking pomegranate mimosas.  I have a pretty small family, so there's usually not a huge crowd at holidays, but this was the first time in many years that all the local family members from my mother's and father's side all got together.  It was so great to catch up with everyone.

After a long, slow trip up the Mass Pike I finally made it home - with plenty of leftovers!  No grocery shopping for me this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment