Saturday, April 25, 2009

Raw Week RIP

Ah, food. Sweet, glorious, cooked food. How I've missed you. I did attempt to eat raw for most of the day yesterday. Unfortunately, it was a bit of a crazy day at work and I didn't take any decent pictures. In the morning I had another almond milk, banana, mango, pineapple, and hemp protein smoothie. Then oat grouts with berries in the late morning. Lunch was big raw salad.

At the end of the day I was sooo happy for the week to be over. Why are 4 day weeks always the longest? Work was crazy this week, and obviously the raw food experience did not make it more manageable. So meeting friends at Delux for drinks after work was the perfect way to end the week! I had several glasses of wine, a big salad with ROASTED beets and goat cheese, and mushroom risotto. Yummmm...warm food...

Last night while discussing pancakes with our pals (one of my favorite topics) I came up with the brilliant idea to make chocolate milk pancakes with the good chocolate milk we have in the fridge. Last night it sounded like a brilliant idea...but in the light of the morning it sounded kind of gross to me. So, I just made regular old buttermilk pancakes. Instead of my usual whole wheat flour, I used cake flour. I wanted something a little less healthy this morning. The fine cake flour made these thinner and more crepe-like. I cooked them with bananas, strawberries, and blueberries.

Perfection. Its an amazingly beautiful day outside, so I'm looking forward to going for a run later (after I've recovered from this slight hangover headache I've got). I didn't get to run at all this week, so I'm itching to get out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment