Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sushi Time!

Last night I went out for an amazing sushi dinner with my friends Liz and Remi. So much food! First, I have to go back to breakfast. Which was the exact same thing I'm eating right now! Yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, banana, and granola.  I'll let this shot cover today and yesterday.

For lunch yesterday I decided to mix it up. I was getting a little bored with salads so I put my salad in a sandwich.

I chopped up some of my cooked shrimp and mixed it with a little low fat mayo, chopped celery, parsley, tarragon, and lemon zest. I spread that on 2 slices of whole wheat bread with some asparagus and mixed lettuce. It was delish! Very different from the salads I've been eating all week. I didn't have an official afternoon snack, but munched on things around the office. Some grapes that Liz had, some nuts from my desk, possibly a piece of chocolate from Jillian's candy jar.

Then we were off to sushi! We went to Haru in the Prudential Center. I started off with a cocktail that contained ginger vodka and cranberry juice.

It mostly tasted like cranberry juice. It was ok. We all ordered salads before the sushi, mainly so we could eat the yummy ginger dressing, and they were huge! I ate about half of this.

We also got an order of king crab dumplings.



Sorry, it was dark in there. I love fresh crab. You can really taste the difference between this and the imitation or canned stuff. I got another cocktail.

This one had rum, elderflower water, and cucumber. Much better than the first one. Then we moved on to our sushi feast!

We shared a rainbow roll, lobster roll, spicy tuna, eel and avocado, and shrimp tempura. The lobster was my favorite. If you can believe its possible, we were still craving more after we finished these. Liz and Remi really wanted to try the "kiss of fire" roll. I'm not a huge spicy food fan, but I said I'd give it a shot.

I tried one piece and that was all I could do! There were chunks of jalapeno in this that gave it a major kick. I could see why they call it "kiss of fire" because it was the kind of spicy that hits you right on the lips and tip of your tongue. Liz and Remi had to finish the rest! This was a delicious meal and it was great to have a night out with the girls. I definitely got my sushi fix for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment