Wednesday, April 1, 2009

End of the mushrooms

I'm back to posting after dinner! Lunch today was another colorful salad.

I bought a bunch of random lettuces last weekend, and this salad includes radicchio, endive, and frisee. Along with some broccoli, red and green peppers, cucumbers, feta, and balsamic and EVOO. And for my afternoon snack...

Surprise! Apple with brazil nut butter. After work I made it to the gym for a treadmill run (it was just too cold for me to run outside today). I ran about 3.10 miles in 30 minutes doing some intervals at a 1% incline. The intervals really got my heart going - I was beat after this workout! I haven't mentioned it here yet, but for the past 3 months I've been in a biggest loser contest at my office, that we put together in our department. And Friday is the last day! I've actually lost more than 10 pounds during the contest, and its been fun to do this challenge together with my co-workers. I'm really trying to bust it out for the last couple days and weigh in low.  But just to warn you - there will be a major pig out Friday after the weigh-in! I see donuts in my future. Mmmm, donuts. Ok, I'm hungry again.

For dinner we ate the last of the mushroom barley risotto. I added in some sauteed tempeh for protein. And served it with roasted cousa squash and fennel.

Time for Lost! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment