Friday, April 17, 2009

Kitchen Explosion

Ok, 24 hours of food to catch up on! Yesterday we had another lunch screening, and they brought an amazing spread from Appleton Bakery, which happens to be a block away from my apartment! I filled my plate as much as I could with all the delicious food.

Cheese and crackers, fruit, grilled vegetables, and a piece of veggie sandwich. I also had a chocolate chip cookie back at my desk.

Unfortunately, the rest of yesterday's food went undocumented. I had an apple with brazil nut butter in the afternoon, and then a few pieces of Easter candy while finishing up a late day project.

I came home last night to discover that my kitchen exploded! Derek hasn't been working this week, so he's found lots a little projects around our apartment. Yesterday he decided to paint the pantry, the contents of which were then spread all over our tiny home.





Needless to say, there was no cooking being done in that kitchen last night. So, we headed down the street to Delux. I did try to take pictures of our food, but it was way too dark in there and they didn't come out. Bummer because the food was awesome, as usual. We started by sharing a roasted beet and goat cheese salad and a bowl of mussels in a smoky tomato and spring onion broth. For my entree I had their signature grilled cheese. The menu at Delux changes every few months, but they always have a delicious grilled cheese on it. This one had aged gouda and tarragon mustard- a great combo! Usually when we go to Delux we sit at the bar, and chat with the bartenders. But last night the bar was really crowded, so we sat at a table and were tended to by one of the waitresses we're friendly with. I think because we so rarely sit in her area, this waitress always brings us free food. She always has some excuse, like she ordered it for someone by accident, but we know its just cause she likes us :) So last night she brought us a slice of chocolate cream pie! It was delicious - although I like my pie crust better. We were so full after this big meal! Sorry I can't show any of it to you.

This morning I had a recording session, so I found a little space in my disaster kitchen to make some oatmeal before I left.

This has 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup water, 1 sliced banana, greek yogurt, raspberries and blackberries. My session ended just before lunch time, so I decided to go home and have lunch with Derek while he took a break from painting. And we had lunch from Appleton again! They have an amazing pan fried haddock sandwich on Fridays. Its gorgeous out, so I set up a little table outside so we could eat in the sunshine.

Now I'm back in my very un-sunny office. I can't wait until this week is over! We have a long weekend for Marathon Monday, and are planning to go to the Cape tomorrow! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment