Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back in the Apple

I woke up at the ungodly hour of 4:30AM today to catch a 7AM shuttle to NYC. Ugh. Before I left, I made myself a delicious sandwich and some tea.


This has 2 slices of toasted oatmeal date bread with almond butter on one side and little vanilla spice butter on the other, layered with half a sliced banana. So good! I love this vanilla spice butter. I got it on clearance at Williams Sonoma after Thanksgiving one year. It has chai spices and is all natural - no HFCS!

I ate the sandwich with the other half of the banana and some blueberries.

When we arrived in New York, I knew I'd be hungry for a second breakfast since it was like 5 hours after I'd eaten this sandwich. I had a handful of grapes and a yogurt parfait with granola, strawberries, and kiwi.  




The yogurt was sweetened - bleh - but not too sweet. I ate it all anyway. Then lunch was sushi!

I had a lunch special with a spicy tuna roll and 2 pieces each of tuna, salmon, and yellowtail sushi. And a miso soup on the side. Yum! Still trying to figure out where to eat dinner tonight...somewhere good for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment