Saturday, March 28, 2009

Outside

Its a lovely day here in Boston, so I decided to go for a run outside for the first time this year! It was so awesome to hit the pavement again. First, I made us a nice weekend breakfast.

A 4-egg (divided by 2) frittata with broccoli, tomatoes, and feta. On the side I had a slice of oatmeal date toast with fig and ginger jam, and half a slice of whole wheat toast with almond butter. This was good running fuel!

I ran a loop around the Charles that is about 4 miles. I walked probably the last 1/2 mile back to my apartment from the river, so I guess I ran about 3.5. I definitely run slow when I run outside! But it just feels so good to actually be getting somewhere, and not feel like a hamster on a wheel like I do on the treadmill. It got me really excited for my 8 mile race in July!

When I got home, I stretched out and rehydrated, then made myself a quick lunch.

I heated up leftover lentils with kale and cranberries and 4 slices of tofu that I broiled this morning with some Newman's Own all natural steak sauce. The tofu got a little burnt but it was still good and chewy, the way I like it. I also had a sliced apple on the side. Now I'm off to run some errands. I actually really need to do my taxes but I'm totally procrastinating. Maybe later this afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment