Sunday, March 22, 2009

Other People's Food

Good Sunday morning to you! Last night we went to some of Derek's friends house for a dinner party. I'd never met this couple before, and they were very nice people who served us a lovely meal! We were running late, but luckily they were too. When we arrived, they had two big homemade pizzas on the table for appetizers. I had a piece of one with whole wheat crust, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. I also had a decent amount of chips with salsa, guacamole, and artichoke hummus.

Derek let them know ahead of time that I don't eat meat, so they made some roasted salmon along with the chicken and steak they served. The salmon had a sweet glaze on it and was baked with onions. It was very good. I also had some yummy salad with mixed greens, dried cranberries, blue cheese, and sunflower seeds. And some brown rice. Oh, and a couple glasses of red wine :)

For dessert, some strawberries and blackberries and a chocolate dipped madeline!

This was a very nice night with lovely company. One of the women at the dinner was from Finland! I'm Finnish on my father's side and get very excited by real Finnish people and Finnish connections. I voted for Stefan on Top Chef in a pool we were in just because he was Finnish. Love those crazy Finns!

This morning I got up and tried my new workout DVD - Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. This is no joke - Jillian seriously kicks butt. I did the workout without hands weights because my 10 pounders were just too heavy for this routine. It was still a good workout without the weights! I'm going to try to pick up some lighter weights today. I think this is more of a strength workout than it is cross training (which was on my schedule today), so I'm going to try to incorporate this into my morning strength training.

I just had a sliced apple and some greek yogurt with cinnamon and nutmeg.

Now I'm heading out to meet my parent's for brunch at my grandmother's. Then the usual Sunday afternoon grocery shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment