Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Busy Day!

Phew! This was another very busy day at work. I didn't even have time to blog! Here's what I packed for my breakfast and snacks.



Same old yogurt, strawberries, and granola. And an apple and banana for snacks. On the way out the door I realized I didn't eat my apple from yesterday and it was still in my desk. So I left this one behind. And still didn't eat the apple from yesterday!

I didn't bring my sandwich today because I knew we were having a lunch screening and they were bringing sushi. They brought delicous sushi for 20 people, and there were only 8 people who actually showed up. So there was plenty!

I probably could have eaten this whole tray (there were 3 more!) but I didn't. I did have probably a dozen pieces. And 2 amazing chocolate covered strawberries.

The chocolate on these was so thick! And a little bit too sweet, but still great. Quite a treat. Then it was back to my crazy work day. Like I said, I never got to my apple, but I did eat my banana with almond butter. Didn't take a picture - looks the same as the banana from the past 2 days.

I didn't leave work until 7:30, and didn't want to go to the gym that late for my scheduled 30 minutes of cross training. But it was a nice night out, so I decided to walk home through Boston Common. 30 minutes of cross training - check! Yeah, I know its not really a workout, but better than sitting on the T.

Derek's out of town for work tonight, so I made dinner for 1. I basically threw together whatever I could find in the fridge. I sauteed a sliced zucchini with a little EVOO, then tossed in some chopped tofu (the tofu I baked for sandwiches), spinach, and leftover tomato sauce. I served all this over the other half of the speghetti squash we had. This was a big plate of food and very filling without being too heavy.

I ate this with a glass of white wine. Now I'm catching up on Lost (I'm so far behind from being on the road for 3 weeks!) and I'm thinking about having some tea and a slice of that Irish soda bread.  Yum!

I want to give a little plug to this great magazine my friend Holly got me a subscription to as a thank you for feeding her cat while she's out of town.

Clean Eating! Doesn't that sound perfect for me? The food philosophy behind this magazie is very similar to mine - fresh, healthy, unprocessed, natural food. And its full of great tips and recipes. I highly reccomend it. Thanks, Holly!

No comments:

Post a Comment