Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Restorative Power of Pancakes

I love weekend pancakes! After a few of these (and 2 Ibuprofen and lots of water) my headache was totally gone. This morning I made whole wheat banana strawberry oatmeal pancakes.

I used my basic whole wheat pancake recipe, but used 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour and 3/4 cup rolled oats.  Before mixing them in, I soaked the oats in 3/4 cup of skim milk.  The oatmeal added a delicious chewy texture to these.  And made them super filling.  I served these with spiced vanilla butter and some of our maple syrup sampler.

After my full pancake induced recovery, I headed to the gym.  I did 3 miles at 6MPH at a 1% incline.  Then headed back home for lunch.  I still had a few wraps left and decided to try to recreate an amazing breakfast burrito I had from the catering truck on set in LA.  I heated up my griddle and cooked some sliced peppers and 1 scrambled egg.  Then wrapped those up some low fat cheese, avocado, pickled onions, and salsa verde.  Then I put the whole thing back on the griddle so it got toasty on the outside and warm and gooey inside.

This evening we're going to have dinner with a friend of Derek's and his wife at their house in Worcester - my old stopping grounds, right down the street from where I went to high school. Hope everyone has a great Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment