Monday, March 30, 2009

Runnin' in the Mornin'

Last night when I went to bed I set my alarm for 6:30AM thinking, maybe I'll get up and run in the morning. Knowing full well that I would just hit snooze and fall back to sleep. Then when it went off this morning, I laid in bed for a few minutes and made a deal with myself. If its raining and below 40º - no run. Back to bed. Dry and above 40º - I'm hitting the road. Well, despite raining all day yesterday and all day today, I seem to hit a window this morning where it wasn't raining and wasn't too cold. So I put on my sneakers and headed out the door! It still certainly wasn't warm. And the only pants I have are cropped, so my legs definitely got a little numb below the knee. I need to invest in some running tights! But I made it 4 strong miles and am quite proud of myself :)  Being motivated to run in the morning is not normal for me!  I tried to test out this new iphone application I got, called imapmyrun, but it kept crashing. Its supposed to use the phone's GPS to track your distance and pace - it'll be pretty cool if it actually works!

Breakfast when I got to the office was the usual.


Nonfat plan yogurt with 1 sliced banana and granola. And lunch was very yummy.

A mixed green and herb salad with roasted golden beets, pecans, dried cranberries, and some amazing maytag blue cheese I bought in the fancy cheese section yesterday. I love stinky cheese. I tossed this all with some balsamic vinegar and EVOO. And had half a slice of whole wheat bread on the side.


I have a work event to go to tonight - so I'm glad I got my run in already! There's going to be food there - I'm going to try to control myself so I can go home and make a delicious dinner with all the food I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment