Monday, March 23, 2009

Good Evening

Hi there. Everyone happy another Monday is over? As I mentioned before, I snacked on kumquats in the afternoon.

Love these little guys. Then before heading to the gym I had an apple with brazil nut butter. Crappy picture, sorry.


I did 3 miles at 6MPH and 10% incline. In another week I'm increasing my distance! Dinner was made of more yummy Whole Foods ingredients.

Roasted salmon marinated with soy sauce, ginger, and honey, along with a beet salad and garlicky sauteed beet greens. Green tip - don't throw away the greens! Use the whole plant. They're really good for you. The beet salad was the best part of this meal.

Golden Beet Salad
2 roasted golden beets, chopped
3/4 cup chopped jicama
1/4 cup chopped feta cheese
1 Tbl chopped mint
2 Tbl chopped walnuts
1 Tbl rice wine vinegar
2 Tbl EVOO
zest of 1 lemon
  • Whisk together vinegar, EVOO, and lemon zest in a small bowl
  • Mix all other ingredients in a medium bowl
  • Pour dressing over and toss to combine
Yum!  Just had 1, ok 2 pieces of dark chocolate.  I have to get up suuuper early tomorrow to go back to New York.  Luckily its just a quick 24 hour trip.  See ya in the Big Apple!

No comments:

Post a Comment