Monday, March 23, 2009

Holy Tupperware!

Wow! Look at all the tupperware I brought to work this morning! I always look like I'm going on an expedition with the amount of food I carry around in my backpack, but today was particularly bad.

Even though I cracked my glass container last week, the crack didn't go all the way through and I still wanted to try to use it for my oatmeal this morning. Bad idea. It cracked completely in half in the microwave and I ended up having to transfer all my oatmeal to a PAPER CUP! Oh no!
This paper cup contains 1/2 cup oatmeal, 3/4 cup water, 1 sliced banana, 1/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt, and a handful of blueberries. I'm loving the addition of yogurt to my oatmeal! It makes it really creamy and gives it a protein boost. And don't worry - I washed the cup out and recycled it when I was done.

For lunch I made a big salad with a surprise ingredient.

This has mixed greens and herb salad, red and green peppers, plum tomatoes, pea shoots, tuna, and SUNCHOKES! What a random little vegetable - they're little root vegetables that I peeled and thinly sliced. Didn't have much taste but added a nice crunch. The sunchokes were from Vermont - the most local vegetable I could find! I tossed this all with balsamic and EVOO. On the side I had a hunk of organic oatmeal date bread (have I mentioned I love Whole Foods?) with some of my new brazil nut butter. This made a hearty, well-rounded meal. Now I'm munching of some of those kumquats. Weird little fruits but tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment