Friday, March 27, 2009

Banqing on it

We had an AMAZING restaurant week dinner last night at Banq. We've eaten there several times before and have always been really impressed with the food. Its that very popular Asian fusion style food.  Our dining companions were my parents, some friends of theirs, and a relative who just moved back to the states from Guatemala and happened to be in town. It was great to see her! We visited her in Guatemala a few years ago and it was a great trip. Such a cool country.  The highlight of the trip was getting to release just hatched baby turtles into the ocean for the first time from a turtle sanctuary!

Oh, I wish I could be there now. So, dinner started off with cocktails, of course. I had a Bostonpolitan. It had some peach licquor, vodka, cranberry, and prosecco. It was clear, which surprised me. And it was tasty, but a little sweet.

I had 2 of these. For the table, they brought us these incredible baby naan with a some kind of roasted red pepper spread. I had 1.


My appetizer was a beet salad that I totally forgot to photograph. Whoops! It had mixed greens, roasted golden beets, goat cheese, candied pecans, and cumin seeds. It was really good, and a pretty large appetizer portion. My entree was fish, of course.

Roasted striped bass (second time this week!) with fingering potatoes, cucumbers, and baby bok choy (also for the second time this week). It was great. The fish was perfect. And, of course, it was a 3 course restaurant week menu so there was dessert.

Wow. This was a fluffy little cheesecake with a chocolate cream on top and cherries and chocolate sauce. There was some cardamom in there somewhere, but I couldn't figure out where - maybe the crust. Such a good dinner. I was full after! This has been a serious eating week. With no exercise. Ugh.

This morning I had breakfast at home before heading to the recording studio.

A healthy, filling oatmeal bowl with 1/2 cup oats, 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup skim milk, 1 sliced banana, dried cranberries, blueberries, slivered almonds, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

And...I just ate a delicious salad for lunch!

This had grilled salmon with a potato and green apple salad. It looked small to me at first, but it was a hefty portion of salmon so it was very filling.

Ok, back to mixing...almost the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment