Sunday, March 29, 2009

Choke! Choke!

I made a delicious dinner tonight based around the chokes - arti and sun to be precise. While looking for a recipe for the baby artichokes I bought today, I found this one for salmon with baby artichokes and sunchokes with a warm fennel vinaigrette.  Well, I just happened to have sunchokes in my fridge from last week's Whole Foods adventure and I bought fennel today. Perfect! I was planning to cook rainbow trout tonight, so I roasted that with a little lemon juice instead of the salmon. Here is my choke prep...

And the finished product.  

Its a little brown, but it was very tasty. Now I'm finishing off a glass of wine and just had a piece of dried mango and a piece of Taza dark chocolate. It doesn't always make it in my posts, but let me assure you, I can't go a day without this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment